As part of its commitment to creating a healthy environment to conduct and grow global business, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced a more touchless venue experience for CES 2023. Health and safety measures will be taken on all CES 2023 venues and will include increased fresh air circulation and filtration systems, hand sanitizing stations, door greeting and touchless public facilities.
“As the producer of the world’s most influential technology event, we are proactively committed to creating an environment that reduces the health risks to our attendees,” said Gary Shapiro, President and CEO of CTA. “In-person events such as CES are critical to driving business forward. A more touchless venue experience at CES 2023 will provide a roadmap for future industry events on health and safety efforts for attendees.
CES 2023 will likely be the largest in-person audited trade event to take place in the United States since the start of 2020, with a 40% larger exhibit footprint than CES 2022. As an industry leader, CTA will implement measures at CES 2023 to create a healthy business environment, including:
Fresh air flow and door welcome
- Cool airflow has been increased through ventilation systems at venues including the Las Vegas Convention Center, Venetian Expo and ARIA.
- Exterior doors will be opened and monitored to allow circulation of fresh air whenever possible.
- Greeters will be stationed at the remaining doors to open for entry of attendees.
- Touchless hand sanitizer units will be installed at all facilities in high traffic areas.
- All meeting rooms, conference areas, catering areas, lounges, customer service areas, information kiosks, elevators, escalators, lounges and offices will be equipped with hand sanitizer stations .
- Badge collection locations will use contactless badge printing.
- Customer Service Centers will offer contactless payment for on-site registrations.
- All shared microphones and AV equipment will be sanitized between each use.
- Toilets, handrails and doors will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Sinks, toilets, paper towel dispensers will be contactless.
- Cashless payment systems will be available at venue food outlets and business centres.
A full list of implementation measures is available on the CES 2023 health protocols.
Owned and produced by CTA, CES 2023 will take place in Las Vegas from January 5-8, 2023 and Media Days will run from January 3-4, 2023. Attendees will learn about new technologies from global brands and learn about the future of technology. thought leaders and collaborate face-to-face with other attendees. The show will highlight how innovations in sustainability, transportation and mobility, digital health, metaverse and more are addressing the world’s biggest challenges. Audiences will hear from industry experts in live keynotes, including executives from John Deere, BMW and AMD.
Visit CES.tech for more information.
See also: Registration is now open for TWICE Picks awards at CES 2023!