Who provides loans for Slovaks with permanent residence in the Czech Republic? Can foreigners with temporary residence receive credit?
The vast majority of banks and non-bank companies operating in the Czech Republic have citizenship of the Czech Republic in order to obtain a loan. But there are companies that lend to Slovaks or other foreigners.
Loans for foreigners with permanent residence in the Czech Republic
In the Czech Republic, Slovaks can obtain loans from several banks – for example, at Rainny Bank, Konch Bank or PatasBank. Ideally, if a foreigner has a regular wage account with one of these banks, then the credit is likely to be even easier to do without proof of income.
- Loan from Rainny Bank – 5,000 CZK – 900,000 CZK, maturity 6 – 92 months
- Personal loan from Konch Bank – 30,000 – 2,500,000 CZK, maturity up to 96 months (8 years)
- One-minute loan from Equa bank – 5.000 – 600.000 CZK, maturity 3 – 120 months
In general, if someone needs to borrow, their steps should first lead to the bank. Bank loans are cheaper and safer than non-bank loans. But even they have their advantages.
In contrast to bank loans, non-bank loans are more flexible – they do not require so much administration, on the other hand, they have a slightly higher interest rate than bank loans. Non-bank companies that lend to Slovaks or foreigners with permanent residence in the Czech Republic include Lodis, H-Credit or Pro-lend.
- Lodis – amount 20,000 – 500,000 CZK, maturity 12 – 96 months
- H-Credit – amount 10,000 – 250,000 CZK, maturity 12 – 96 months, money transfer or post money order
- Pro-lend – CZK 3,000 – 130,000, maturity of 45 – 100 weeks or 3 – 36 months, cash in cash or on account
SMS loans “immediately”
The most affordable and fastest form of non-bank loans is the so-called SMS loan. With this type of loan, paperwork is minimal and money can be very quickly – ideally, for example, within 15 minutes of an account.
Most loans in this area are intended for Czech citizens, except for a SIM loan, which can also be granted to foreigners with permanent residence. With a SIM loan, you can get CZK 2,000 – 12,000 with a maturity of 7 – 30 days
Are there loans for foreigners with temporary residence?
Credit companies need to have a sufficient guarantee that the client will return the borrowed money. While permanent residence is not a 100% guarantee, it significantly reduces the risk for the creditor company. Therefore, we do not currently find a loan to foreigners with temporary residence in our market.